My first review is here! I will try to be as impartial and objective about these things as I can be, but I will also note any relevant personal experiences. Full stories will have to have separate posts dedicated to them.
Bumble – Free dating app with decency
It is true that every dating app has at least one unique characteristic to set it apart from the rest. Bumble is one of those popular dating apps that work in such a way so only women can initiate a conversation. The developers of the Bumble app have taken this step to maintain a particular level of decency among the Bumble community. Basically, Bumble can be considered as an alternative to Tinder because it gives women a slight dominance when it comes to making decisions.
Some pros pf Mumble:
- Bumble requires users to synchronize their profiles with an existing Facebook account. The good thing about this feature is that it is a certain type of guarantee of the genuineness of the profile.
- Only women are allowed to initiate a conversation. So, there is an assurance of some sort of decency within the platform.
- There is an option to go for a BFF mode which can be handy in making new friends and casual relationships.
Alas, nothing is without some downsides:
- Users are not allowed to search or browse for possible matches. Instead, they have to choose their matches from displayed options.
- There are filters with strict limitations so some users might feel restricted.
- Profile information displayed on the Bumble app is not sufficient in my opinion. It offers only basic information about the profile holder.
- Male users are not allowed to initiate a chat so they have to wait until someone messages. This is both a pro and a con, because for some it will be either one.
So, if you are a male user, you have to practice a lot of patience and be chill until someone messages you. On the other hand, if you are a woman, you will get less harassment, annoying or bullying messages because you are the one who decides whether to initiate the conversation or not.
You cannot upload any photo to your Bumble account just because you want to. In fact, Bumble allows you to add photos after a verification process. That is another measure taken to maintain decency within the platform.
Those who want to use Bumble should be ready to synchronize their Facebook profile with the Bumble dating app. For some individuals, exposing their real Facebook account on a dating platform may not sound like a good idea. Also, users must be prepared to tolerate strict rules and regulations. While they are ultimately in place for the “greater good”, this might turn some people off the app.
I highly recommend Bumble to anyone who is tired of getting the same copy-pasted cheesy pick up line. And for my male readers – patience goes a long way, and this is a platform to practice that virtue!