Tinder Profile Tips
Do you know that the most vital factor to succeed on online-dating apps is to have an eye-catching profile? No one will be attracted to your profile if it does not have a unique bio and quality photographs. No doubt, creating a great Tinder profile is not easy, and that is why I decided to write down a couple of pointers that can help you out.
Tinder Profile Photos
You may have 9 of the most unique hobbies ever, a cute little dog that everyone will fall in love with on the spot, or a story that can make any person emotional; trust me, you won’t get a chance to talk about any of it if your profile picture does not do its proper job. Your profile picture is responsible for more than 70 percent of your success on tinder. Follow these steps to create an attractive profile picture:
- Never ever use low-quality pictures. If our day and age, with even the most modest phones having a decent camera, a poor quality photo usually makes you think it was taken quite a while ago.
- Frame your main image in such a way that it mostly shows a close up of you, try to avoid far off shots or group photos. Nobody wants to guess which person in the picture they are actually talking to.
- If you can pull off a sweet smile, do it because it enhances your trustworthiness by a lot. In case you don’t have a decent Colgate smile, I’d recommend you try determined, serious looks.
How many pictures do you need to upload?
This question is pretty important because I see most of the guys doing this totally wrong. They really don’t know how many images they should upload; one or six. Research from the Royal Ottawa Health Care Group has shown that men with only one picture on their profile get four times more matches if they increase the number of their profile pictures to three.
Having only-one picture makes you untrustworthy. A person might view your profile and wonder why you have only one photo? It’s the internet, and catfishing is a thing.
Ultimate Tip: Use three or four images to get the most out of Tinder Profile; this is a good balance between too few and too many.
Tinder Profile Bio
Tinder Bio is super-important as it does not only get you more likes and matches but also enhances the quality of your matches. After all, if you expect a clever opener from your match your bio is the best option to give them something to work with. Here’s a list of dos and don’ts you should follow when writing your Tinder bio…
- Don’t use too many short forms; it looks weird.
- Don’t use too many emojis and punctuations.
- Don’t use hashtags because hashtags are for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Don’t use a long list of random adjectives such as chiller, adventure, explorer, art, music, fashion, lifestyle, food, drinks, buzz, hangout, road trip, eat, etc. Find a way to write about your favorite activities in a unique way.
- Don’t put your cell-no or instagram in your bio because it gives the impression of being desperate.
- Don’t put low-value traits into your bio, being honest is important, but being too forward with things like this can yield an unwanted reaction.
- Never ever put this phrase into your bio, “swipe right to know more.”.
- Don’t copy-paste a cleverly written bio from the internet because that’s what hundreds of other people do, and it stops being original very quickly.
Now, let’s explore the must follow steps when writing your Tinder bio…
If you want to include some basic things in your bio, that’s fine but try to be selective when choosing your words. For example, instead of writing “I love pizza and wine”, write something like this “All you need to lure me in your van is wine and pizza!”. You can also add your favorite quote, if you think it describes you well. You can also write your unique first date idea into your bio.
The majority of women say that the sense of humor is that very trait they need in guys. I am not asking you to copy a standard joke from the internet, but to describe yourself in a funny way. It can be something related to your profile pictures. For example: If one of your pictures is you and your dog, you can say write something like “The dog is a package deal and is not sold separately”.
Keep it Focused and Short:
Your bio should be focused on yourself and original. Write something that makes you unique like a rare hobby, a special skill, or childhood achievements. If you love traveling, write something about the most amazing place you’ve been to or a special experience.
Your bio should also be short as most of the people on Tinder profile are always in a hurry because they have plenty of options to choose from. So, try to keep it as short, concise, and attractive as possible.